View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #25
AzBRZ

Drives: '13 DGM BRZ with 4 pedals, '11 WRX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[QUOTE=Moe;1351202]Not really. Just getting a bit boring and predictable.

3 years ago you could have predicted what the Golf 7 GTI would be like. Marginal updates on a proven formula. And take nothing away from it - it's a very good car and it works. It just lacks any occasion, presence or excitement.

However, no one could have predicted the twins...[/QUOTE

In 1980 one certainly would not have predicted the GTi. There is an entire section of this board predicting the next iterations of the 86 and they are proving to be pretty accurate so I guess I don't really see your point. Let's be honest here; the 86 is not that innovative, if Honda had not made the S2K a convertible it would have been very close to the 86. There will be future, hopefully improved versions of the 86 and typically being an early adopter does not prove to be wise; just look at the early S2K..

I have owned 3 GTi's and loved them all; IMHO they are the origin of fun to drive, reasonably priced cars. If you can live with the limited functionality in your car, the 86 is more fun to drive. If not, a GTi offers great fun and the ability to haul more people and stuff. I also currently have an '11 WRX 5 door which is even larger inside than the GTi and is a hoot to drive as well. 86 vs GTi; very different cars, very different amounts of functionality.
AzBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AzBRZ For This Useful Post:
Byebye (11-27-2013)