NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,325 Times in 7,383 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dake View Post
While I feel bad for the "average" buyer - I absolutely love the speculator tears.

That being said, even I am a little surprised that they made the shift so quickly. I think it's evidence they didn't really plan their roll out well, and now they're trying to play catch up.

I don't think the Supra is selling near as well as they hoped. I live in Houston where I see people DD'ing all manner of things, and I've still never seen a Supra on the road or at any Cars and Coffees. I see LC500s and even Mk IV Supras fairly regularly, but no sign of this.
The average buyer has never properly driven the car except for blasts on the freeway and has probably never taken TC off except for doughnuts in an empty parking lot. I doubt they would notice that much with the new upgrades. I have seen a few out and about here in OR, and I saw a Silver one when I was in Houston a month ago. There is one local to me for sale used, think he wants 59K lol. Has 1200 or so miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazeroni View Post
Wait, what is different between the B58 in the Z4 and the B58 in the Supra? A bunch of Dynos showed that the Supra was making closer to 400 crank and could be easily modded to 5-700 with a tune and bolt-ons. Are we suggesting that the 2021 Supra will actually be making 450 crank now because it got 50 more hp in the marketing material, or is the engine actually mechanically different?
It is mechanically different.
soundman98 (02-14-2020), Tcoat (02-14-2020)