wolffbite
Just the tip

Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
Jinx!

Seriously though it feels great once it finally clicks and they don't do it anymore.

The only accident Haru has had in the past 6-7 months was when we went to a neighbor's apartment with other dogs and he marked one of their toys, lol.
She's had more accidents with my parents than with me. I just attribute that to me knowing how to read her mannerisms better. I'm pretty happy with the progress at 5 months though, just gotta stick with it and she will be there before I know it. A big milestone a couple of weeks ago is that she can now sleep through the night without a potty break, so I'm enjoying no longer getting up at 3am to take her out

The biggest thing we're working on right now is she has started to bark a lot at people and other dogs while out on walks. I can tell she's just really excited but doesn't know how to express it appropriately. So we are doing a lot of sit and "watch" to get her to focus on me while there are distractions around. Luckily super cheap dried beef liver is her absolute favorite, and is pretty easy to engage her nose and attention with.

I definitely lucked out and she has loved being in the car since day one. Usually falls asleep by the time we get to the end of the block. I have her in a Kurgo booster, clipped into her harness. It's mounted high on the front seat so she can see all around.

Spot the wiener wondering where dad went lol
Attached Images

wolffbite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolffbite For This Useful Post:
Sapphireho (05-23-2022), soundman98 (05-13-2022), spike021 (05-13-2022)