soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
It seems like a result of lazily cobbling together blocks of code.
that's getting to be everything these days. i can't even install a digital light switch or a thermostat without connecting it to wifi and first updating it.. and the absolute worst parts is that all the apps are designed around homeowners doing their own install, so then as an installer, i need access to the customers phone, email, and wifi during the entire process, and hope that by the time i'm all done configuring, that i don't break any one of those things.

lately been doing a lot of new houses with wifi built into all the appliances, like it's somehow useful for a washing machine to connect to the internet...

but my absolute favorite statement so far is the sticker on top of a set of LG washer and dryers. after they were entirely unboxed, there was a sticker on the lids on top of the shrink wrap that would normally be removed as part of the home building process before the homeowner ever set eyes on them.

that sticker said something along the lines of "use of this appliance and removal of this sticker means you agree to withhold your rights of suing LG, or taking part in any class action suit related to any of it's products."
NoHaveMSG (05-29-2021), p1l0t (05-29-2021), ScoobsMcGee (05-29-2021), Spuds (05-29-2021), Ultramaroon (05-29-2021)