Old 07-31-2013, 10:02 PM   #68
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Wooo I love threads about my car.

I think stock FRS has slightly more power/weight than MR-S, and I wouldn't be surprised if it had more grip considering how people on Spyderchat seem to really really like their suspension modifications. It's the most sporty car I've driven so I can't say but over there they say it's soft in stock form.

@hmong337 while what you're saying is somewhat correct I think you're quite biased and incorrect on a few points. The 1ZZ is a Corolla engine...but so is the 2ZZ. The 2ZZ pretty much bolts straight in, that's very different from the swaps you mentioned. Also the K20 is not massively superior to the 2ZZ in any sense. I'm also guessing your car is harder to work on than the ZZW30 because we don't have C pillars and we have a shorter rear end. You might think the Miata looks better, but in my experience, everyone thinks I have a "really nice" Porsche but no one looks twice at a Miata. Some (not all) of the people who call Miatas girly will say the MR-S is a cool car.

The luggage space problem is alleviated if you remove the spare and have an easier way to access the frunk, and it's mostly solved if you get rid of the soft top permanently, as the space behind the seats is actually pretty good and would be even better if it were easily accessible. It's not the prettiest car, but it has a bit of flair and that's why I got it. It's also midengine, and that automatically makes it cooler than any front engine fare.
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to serialk11r For This Useful Post:
WolfpackS2k (08-01-2013)