Old 10-30-2021, 06:52 PM   #1202
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brz-123 View Post
You are, my friend, mixing it all up
1. The Quoted price is representative of a Harrop HQ fitted package. So its drive in drive out. If you import to Murica, you will do a parts only package costing a lot less.
2. This is not just SC, if you see it had headers like Ace ( $1500) and a 2.5 inch catback ($1000) , so $2500 worth extra hardware atleast.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Yea I’m aware of all this, I’m not in America I am local to the Harrop warehouse.
The catback included is XFORCE. Header $500-600 aud, catback, $850 AUD. Harrop flex fuel kit + 85mm pulley - $1600 AUD.
The kit price I referenced (HKS/ AVO) were the full bolt on packages also including the necessary exhaust components.

Harrop SC by itself, is 8.3k AUD.
Stage 3 AVO turbo kit with a full 3’ headerback exhaust, BOV, rated for 290-350whp on regular gas is 7.9k AUD
https://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/...rbo-Kit-BRZ/86

Do you see the point I’m trying to make?
Harrop SC + exhaust/ supporting mods- Roughly 11-12k AUD (using their cheap included exhaust) and you can expect 260-290 wheel on e85 (based on the numbers people have reported)
Vs
AVO turbo + exhaust/ supporting modes- 7.9k AUD and you can expect 290 wheel as a minimum without e85

Again I don’t want a turbo but you are getting your moneys worth with kits such as AVO, HKS, SME and have a lot more flexibility with tuning your desired power output.
Get the SC and are underwhelmed, nothing you can really do besides build the motor. Wouldn’t be a problem if the price wasn’t significantly higher.
If it was priced slightly higher than the Sprintex kit then you would be getting what you pay for and that price would be more reasonable. If it made the power their website claims (305kw crank on e85 with 85mm pulley and exhaust), it would be worth the price- but from what I’ve seen, it doesn’t

Last edited by Sam86; 10-30-2021 at 07:32 PM.
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote