View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 10:35 AM   #1199
Brz-123

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam86 View Post
Saw someone list an 86 with a Harrop kit and was underwhelmed by their performance estimate.

They reckon on E85 with a 85mm pulley and EL headers they were only making 205kw at the wheels.
Again referring back to Harrop websites claimed crank figures, for that same set up (85mm pulley, e85 but with UEL headers instead of EL) they listed it as 305kw crank.
Again crank vs wheel but it’s a 105kw difference so I have no idea what power the kit actually makes.
I would expect 305kw crank to translate to 350wheel hp at a minimum, not 270 (200kw)

Seems to be so much variation and inconsistencies with the claimed numbers. I would assume they don’t just claim the numbers to sell the kit when they offer to install and dyno tune as part of their package cost, so you would be expecting to receive the gains you paid for.

Why else would they list 3 SC packages with varying power numbers. If I paid for their 305kw package and was getting 200kw (which is less than their entry level 225kw package which is supposedly from the SC alone on a stock car with stock exhaust and petrol) then how could they justify me paying full price
Put it this way, with a Harrop, cosworth, edelbrock, the PD kits, you will gain +65 to +75 bhp on stock fuel with stock airbox and stock headers, exhaust. Add long tube headers and 2.5 inch catback and you gain +90 to +100 bhp on premium fuel. This is hardware change + tuning. There is no other way. E85, smaller pulley add more but you are pushing more air and fuel, how can you not get results? Stop looking at dyno sheets from various sources and knocking off SC kits.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Brz-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brz-123 For This Useful Post:
grumpysnapper (10-31-2021)