Old 04-14-2021, 03:31 PM   #1696
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantanafrs2 View Post
According to her the cdc says 10 days after you're free to roam. In the recent past one was expected to present 2 negative test results before reintegration. A friend of mine required numerous tests to do this as his results after 2 weeks were neg, pos, neg, neg. This was a few months ago. He was asymptomatic
Sometimes people need negative tests because work policies differ from CDC guidelines, or corporate policies haven’t updated to CDC’s latest guidelines. The most recent evidence suggests that someone who is sympathetic will stop significantly shedding the virus after ten days. These people can still have a positive test for months. We had nurses working who were symptom free for months but testing positive that whole time.

I believe asymptomatic people are slightly different because they can become symptomatic later, so that delay can shift that timeline forward, but a positive PCR should start the clock in a similar way. These people can show positive tests for months too, but I’m pretty sure it is far less likely that they will.

Just to cover all the basis, exposed people who have a negative test should shelter for quite a while because the onset of symptoms or viral ramping can take a while, and a negative test a week or so after exposure is ideal, but the testing accuracy is only 65%, so two negatives are nicer than one. It isn’t 100%, but it is better than one.