spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelHu View Post
Hi everyone,

First time posting here. I have a 2017 Subaru BRZ, and recently put on an Invidia catless front pipe. I have the Tomei UEL headers and an Invidia N1 catback on the car as well. When I floor the car now it sound a bit like a trumpet, and in my opinion it does not sound great and I want a different sound.

I am trying to find a solution to the "trumpety" sound, the volume is fine but I want to fix the quality of the exhaust note. Since the over pipe on my car is the only stock part of the exhaust and has the smallest diameter, could that be the part that's giving me the bad sound? Or should I look into a different catback system than the N1? Does anyone run similar setups and how was your experience with it?
Thanks in advance.

That is because the N1 is one of least better sounding catback system when paired with everything being catless.

Get a resonated F.P or high flow cat. Switch to either HKS, Greddy, Borla, TRD, CSG, MXP catback systems.

In terms of sound the O.P does very little, in terms of performance, is only important when going F.I.