View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 05:11 AM   #3
ztan

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sensor input connection to ECU

Having seen the E85 at the station yesterday, I went back home and pored over the wiring diagrams and the car.

The two commonly used sensor inputs are the rear oxygen sensor (O2S2) and the Evap pressure sensor. ECU pins as per diagram below (the wiring manual has the connectors as if you were looking end on at the harness plug - they are mirror-imaged when you look at them plugged in to the ECU.

I had a look at the connector AD2 (which is more accessible than the ECU) which joins the ECU to the fuel pump and Evap cannister harness: the wires were not there for the Evap cannister (A01G ROM). It turns out that I am in luck and the ECU does not interrogate Evap Pressure in my A01G car, so I don't need to compensate for losing the signal.

Moving on to connector A35 on the ECU, pin 20 was empty and I decided to hook a wire up to it. Pulled the connector out - it turns out that I could use the Molex pin from a scrap IDE type ribbon cable on this. To do this, lift the retainer on the IDE plug with a pick and pull the connector out. The A35 connector has a horizontal locking tab in the middle - that needs to be pulled out about 2mm, then the IDE Molex pin slides all the way down the barrel and does not come out when the locking tab is replaced. See last picture for new wire placement.
Attached Images

ztan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ztan For This Useful Post:
shayangh (12-19-2015), solidONE (10-24-2015), thambu19 (11-11-2015), Wayno (06-02-2016)