soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,661 Times in 6,778 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Oh yes. Ended up pulling a bunch of sheet rock off of the inside of mostly done exterior walls apart and reframing them after we went to replace some windows. Found a bunch of rotted out studs and 3 windows on the weather side had really messed up framing. So I ended up doing a bunch of siding that I hadn’t planned on doing till next spring. Like maybe two studs actually supporting the window in 4 foot span along with no header in any of them. Work has also gotten in the way as I have been doing 12’s a lot of the time instead of my usual 10’s yet still somehow not getting anything done. My carpet/linoleum guy also had a death in the family and other family members were stealing shit from the estate so he was too tied up to get the floor in the bathroom. Then his son got married last weekend. He finally did one bathroom today. We were really waiting on that to finish at least the main bathroom and then floor the rest of the main living area so that put me back weeks. I also need to drive down to San Francisco sometime in the next 7 weeks to pickup a land cruiser with my trailer for a friend.

It. Just. Doesn’t. Stop.
That sucks. At least you found it now though, would've sucked way more in a year to finish out the inside and discover it all when you went to reside it.

How did they get away with no header?!

I'm apparently too honest of a person, but I'm learning that apparently stealing stuff out of estates is extremely common. My block is about 50% old retired people, who are slowly dieing off. My direct neighbor is in his 60's, so one of the youngest, he always ends up helping the families clean up the houses. He's got a ton of stories just like that.

One of them, everything was willed to the guy's only surviving niece. Before he passed, he walked my neighbor through showing him where all the important papers and spare cash was hidden-about $12k.

After he passed away, the hardcore religious neighbor up the street took an interest in taking, not buying, stuff out of the house "to make it easier for the niece to clean". The $12k vanished from it's hiding spot right before the niece flew into town to sell everything off and get the house up for sale...
NoHaveMSG (09-11-2022)