View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 02:41 PM   #13
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Curious, because the topic of VSC came up, I am under the impression that VSC would alter brake pressure by use of the ABS system, individually per wheel. So if VSC were a culprit you should feel the telltale vibration from ABS activation.

Or, does it have the ability to modulate brake pressure more finitely at each wheel transparently, to the point that the driver might not even know it's happening?

Brakes are a dumb mechanism, they rely purely on physical force to do a thing. When brake pressure is applied, its in the same proportion, every time (unless VSC/ABS/etc). Braking in a straight line shouldn't cause any of these variables. If one side is getting hotter to the point that it's visibly expediting wear, I'd suspect something mechanical.

Could be a stuck piston that's not retracting properly, causing the pad to drag excessively. In the DS pad pic, I assume the left side of the pad is the leading edge (points toward rear of vehicle)? That would make sense as the pad wants to be drug out of the caliper by the rotor, that the leading edge can wear more, but not when the opposing pad (and both on passenger side) looks so even. I wonder what the back side of the rotor loos like... I'd check piston movement.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote