Junior Senior with Cheese

Drives: 15 BRZ
Thanked 7,013 Times in 2,337 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by re-animator View Post
hey guys,

still looking and have thought about keeping the BRZ and just getting a dailyable SUV for family duty and some light off roading (probably something on the cheap like a 10+ year old volvo XC90 or 4runner with lots of miles).

another thing i am thinking about is an EVO X. similar vibes to the STI but obviously older and a little more raw and aggressive. Powertrain is thought to be a little more reliable. i thought these were in the $30k range but it looks like more and more fall in the low-20s or even higher teens for cosmetically rougher examples. It does seem like a car i'd be interested in from a driving dynamics perspective, but do you guys think it would be dailyable in 2023 and onward? Like I said, i live in a mild climate and do not put tons of miles on currently as i have a very short commute only a few days a week. Price is kind of alluring as its probably only going to cost a little more than what i can sell my BRZ for. yeah its an older car, but so is the car i am currently dailying i.e. my BRZ which is perfectly reliable and gives me no headaches.

doesn't look like a corolla GR is happening based on how impossible they seem to be to get. its also a little on the small side for me to drop that much money on a "do it all" car
A Focus ST would be a good lower cost alternative to a GR. A Focus RS for similar prices to an Evo X if the ST isn't enough.
ScoobsMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote