View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 09:44 AM   #17
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
All are sorta great options with caveats. Here's one more assho- I mean opinion for you to consider.

1. WRX: cheapest, easiest to get, practical/fantastic all around DD. I've had mine over 8 years and nothing came close to being a better value for me all this time (The new one is essentially 90% the same car.) It either comes with or can easily be modified to deliver all the performance you'll ever need, period.

Maybe hold out for next MY as there are rumblings of an emergency refresh to address the cladding, lawd have mercy.

2. GRC. I keep getting the feeling it will be surprisingly affordable (<$35k MSRP) though this will count for little due to scarcity and most dealers marking it up wildly. Otherwise, a great cross between the practicality, safety and functionality of the WRX and the emotional/performance excess of the STI. The main drawbacks for me so far are size and interior. The cockpit just doesn't seem like a special place to be. This is based on sitting in the current top trim hatch which appears largely identical. I'm sure the seats, gauge cluster and shifter will go a long way to make it feel better but.. TBD. The back seat is small, definitely limiting in terms of car seat options. WRX/STI are huge by comparison.

3. STI = cooler, relatively better looking VA car but entirely an emotional purchase over the WRX. Used, so mileage will vary widely as to what you pay for/get etc. You likely don't have to worry about previous abuse coming out to bite as it just ain't care.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fredzy For This Useful Post:
re-animator (08-31-2022)