View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 11:34 AM   #27
Ernest72

Drives: 16 Silver BRZ, 04 Silver WRX wagon
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Raged View Post
Not if you're like me and want to stay in stock class at autocross. I'm definitely the minority but I'll take every OEM performance upgrade I can get if only to provide more feel and confidence. That's why I'm striving to turn my Performance Pack into a tS which will keep me in stock class.

What I don't want to do is go down the rabbit hole of lowering springs or coilovers which could potentially ruin the car's limit handling and bump me to the more competitive mod class.
Absolutely agree. You are setting up your car and prioritizing your racing over DD. While the forum has many racers, most people should prioritize DD over racing, because most of us do DD 90% of the time.

After years of this I have figured out that most of us just need a nice grand touring car for fun. It really can meet most of your expectations. The problem is we all have that mod bug and want to improve our cars, but often the compromises you have to make are not ideal.

I don’t have the time to track right now but if I did I think I would build a specific track toy. It would still be street legal but nothing I would drive for long periods. My other car would still be modded because I have a disease, but it would need to be manageable for those 1.5 hr commutes in traffic after a long day at work that happen every once in awhile.

It’s about a balance and it’s different for everyone.
Ernest72 is offline   Reply With Quote