View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 03:04 PM   #26
N_Raged

Drives: 2019 BRZ Sport-Tech RS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest72 View Post
I would tend to agree if you are racing to win. If you are DD, some spirited mountain runs, autox or even a few track days, this difference in time will mean nothing to your life. We all know if you want to win in racing you have to pay. Therefore, for the overwhelming majority this difference is meaningless.

Don’t forget driving experience and style have a lot to do with how you perform. Therefore buying used and setting up the car how you want might be the better option. But there is no right or wrong answer, just what works for you.
Not if you're like me and want to stay in stock class at autocross. I'm definitely the minority but I'll take every OEM performance upgrade I can get if only to provide more feel and confidence. That's why I'm striving to turn my Performance Pack into a tS which will keep me in stock class.

What I don't want to do is go down the rabbit hole of lowering springs or coilovers which could potentially ruin the car's limit handling and bump me to the more competitive mod class.
N_Raged is offline   Reply With Quote