View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 05:46 PM   #39
marco_mc22

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
86 KW twin tubes in the rear are non-inverted just like the Bilsteins, on their single adjustable mechanism or rebound only mechanism on the shaft it's inside the car just like the Bilsteins, it's only the double adjustable that puts compression on the damper body.

As far as I'm aware nobody makes an inverted damper for the rear of the 86, and that's true for most double wishbone/multi-link suspension designs.

Yes. B14/B16 kit comes with front springs that level out to 4.5kg/mm and rears at 7.0kg/mm, but I've heard +/- 100# (2k) springs can be acceptable, less ideal but sometimes the need for spring rate dominates. I wouldn't hesitate to go up to 7k front and 8k rear and you could probably push a little beyond that, worst case the damping can't keep up and the ride suffers.

Racecomp has done it too iirc, there's a few posts floating around here. I wouldn't mess around with the KW camber plates, I had a bad failure on another platform with their design, if you can import Raceseng camber plates affordably that would be ideal imho.
It would be interesting, maybe a 7k squared or a 6k 7k, problem is to guess the right spring length to keep a decent height range as these seems to be a bit travel limited like every monotube basically....any tips?
marco_mc22 is offline   Reply With Quote