View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 04:08 PM   #1032
EB86

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
In the UK we are still seeing isolation payments extend until April 2022 so its not going away any time soon here. Isolation payments are if you get Covid you can stay at home 10 days and be paid £500, and we are now pushing forward a programme of vaccinating 12+ age groups even without parents consent in schools. The vaccine minister has said “you can go against your parents wishes if you want to be vaccinated.”

I don’t mind adults being vaccinated if they want (I have) it is the decision left to the individual, but in the UK children aged 12 cannot vote, pay tax, smoke or join the army because obviously they are a minor. But they can read the data and make an informed decision without parental consent on the vaccine?

The Office of National Statistics data (ONS)

In the UK it is recorded in a way that differs from other countries - Deaths where Covid was recorded within 28 days via a test is then placed on death certificate (even if they had Covid recorded then 2 weeks later had a car accident or other illness it is still recorded as a Covid death)

Since Feb 12th 2021 to 3rd Sept 2021 total Covid deaths in the UK

1-24 yr old 49 deaths
25-54 yr old 1682 deaths
55-64 7017 deaths
65-84 11213 deaths
85+ 8909 deaths

to me its an older persons disease…

The Western governments are stepping up to offer support to Africa and poorer nations, proud in the fact they can offer more vaccines that the next major power, but if the average age in Sudan is 19 they really don’t need the vaccine, they aren’t asking for them, and they certainly don’t seem to be dying for Covid based on W.H.O. data. If you have an ageing population you need to watch the numbers for the elderly, for everyone else it seems you just need to make and informed decision based on age and clinical needs.

I don't have any answers but from the data vaccinating 12 years old just seems to be a societal benefit and not a personal one.