View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 04:34 PM   #137
geraldjust

Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
Yeah, I am of the mindset that ANYTHING can be achieved if you invest the proper time and resources. With the help of one other member here, I solved the problem of poor audio quality in the '19-'20 86 with the Harman head units a few months back, but coding is beyond my skills. However, I am with you that this idea is plausible.

All of the current flex-fuel kits have the one downside to them that you must hijack one of the three existing sensor inputs which pretty much renders your vehicle illegal for public road use.

Are you considering using one of the existing kits which outputs a 0 to 5-volt signal, taking that signal and converting it to a signal that you're needing for your project, or are you starting out with a completely different signal altogether?
Exactly. And oh no, i already made a board that inputs a traditional 50-150hz and out put a 0-5v signal. i can program it to .5-4.5v all that is easy. i even made it to output via CANBUS. So i can set whatever id , or format the data however i want. 8 bit wide or 16 bit. etc... its unlimitedly configurable. i even reversed engineered the whole can network. Because of this i know their are some IDs that the roms still read into ram, BUT the ecus dont do anything with them. and in the current cars, those ID are not used. so this means if the rom if programmed properly it can be done.
My theory is that originally how this thread looks like they read the ram value . but instead of doing so from the evap / o2 16bit data. I can just point the ram value to whatever ID/data byte we want.

EDIT: so yes it can do the traditional 0-5. but that will be more to diagnose. But my goal is to still have it canbus enabled.