Old 02-08-2015, 01:12 AM   #5897
civic_2_gc

Drives: 2015 hyundai genesis coupe ultimate
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehwegz View Post
Hey 86'ers

AB, Canada person here and looking to get in an FR-S soon.

I'm a bit of a crazy car-obsessed enthusiast. In the last year alone I've traded through 6 different vehicles. I'm originally a Honda person but have strayed away and explored other cars. I started out with a 94 Accord, 91 Prelude, 95 Prelude. Took a break from Honda and got a 99 Impreza...fixed it, broke it, sold it. Then came a 90 Miata which I wish I never got rid of. I later traded for a 97 318 E36 BMW with an I6 swapped in from a 330 ZHP E46. Budget M3 ftw? Then I got a small truck to haul some things, a Mazda B2200. Winter was coming soon again so got rid of the 2wd open diff truck and the BMW (it had LSD, would've been fun) and back to Honda again in the form of '01 Integra LS. Got me half way through winter in comfort before I got car ADD again and made another move to a JDM RHD WRX which I currently drive. Its mint, it pulls, it boosts, it rips through snow, and of course classic H4 2.0L boxer rumble (20g/20k motor, a hybrid of the two during transition from 20g to 20k in 96/97 JDM).

Anyways I have no time to for old cars anymore and need something new for once, worry and stress free that I can take on road trip without a doubt in my mind. I've already driven FR-S as well as - I kid you not - nearly every MY2014/15 car. Perk of my current job. Out of everything under 50k new, nothing gave me quite the same feel the FR-S did. Evo X came the closest. 3rd was Ford with some serious contenders - even the RS which isn't even out yet. I have yet to drive a '15 Mustang without snow on the ground but hear the IRS they finally got really rotates the car nicely - a first in a Mustang. BMW M235i but that's luxury and I can't afford that, nor do I care. '15 WRX I still have yet to try out due to limited supply of them...Subaru can't keep up with demand in some places apparently.

Hope to get in one soon. One plus is I can throw the OEM FRS wheels on my WRX, and winters on WRX to my FRS.
my dad loves his "budget M3" lol
civic_2_gc is offline   Reply With Quote