Old 05-04-2020, 07:32 PM   #2349
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn_ca View Post
Didnt like it in photos but in person it was beautiful. Saw the C8 and still still have no regrets!
I have seen it once on the road, and I have driven by it at the dealership. It doesn't jump out at me like the 86 did. The 86 called me over to it, but I just haven't been interested in the Supra.

I prefer the sharper lines on the fenders of the 86 than that 90's soft lines of the Supra. I am not a fan of the cuts and folds of the car, specifically the horizontal line that separates the clamshell hood and the lower front fender, nor do I like the side eyebrow shaped insert on the door. I don't like all the fake vents. I am not a fan of the three large front intakes or the stoutness of the protruding nose. I don't like the duckbill tail, the lines of the tail lights or the way the rear looks like it is frowning. I like the headlights, and I like the double bubble top. I hear bad things about A pillars in the cabin and the door height. Lack of a manual transmission really puts me off.

As far as the dimensions, I like the side profile the best, but that is about it. The fact that the wheelbase is shorter than the 86 by 4'', but the body length is longer by 6'' makes for odd looking overhangs, especially in the front; the MKIV had long overhangs too. The rear has a frown to it like I mentioned before, but in general, the rear fenders and rear lid are too low compared to the MKIV Supra and 86; both of those cars have their rears up higher than their hoods. Because of that, they look more muscular. The MKV Supra looks like its rear is droopy or squatted.

With all that said, the car seems made for wide body kits because I am normally not a huge fan, but it is much improved with the aftermarket treatment. A subtle lip for the duckbill spoiler on like the Speed Hunter kit would be nice. Wider fenders break up the frown and fix the front fenders.