View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 03:24 PM   #102
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I met up with my friend again this morning for some more canyon runs. Good fun as always. Only change from last time was the CDV delete on his AP2. It's a pretty small difference IMO, at least in the canyons with redline shifts. I think I can tell a slight difference, but it's nothing like the quick grab feel on my stage 1 clutch, for example. Much more subtle than that.

We also did yet another pull (5-75 mph), except we switched cars for this run: I was driving his AP2 and he was in my FR-S. Pretty much the same as always, nearly even. 1st gear we were side-by-side. I pulled maybe 1/4 car at the top of 2nd, but he started inching back as soon as I shifted into 3rd. We let off before 80 mph and I think I had 1/8 car length on him at the time. No matter who is driving, it's really neck-and-neck between my E85 FR-S and his AP2. Possibly a slight advantage to his AP2, but not sure. Comes down to driver/launch more than anything.

That said, both are really amazing cars to drive in the canyons. I still prefer my FR-S, especially when I'm looking to go fast, but it's got more in the way of handling mods than his S2000 so not really a fair comparison. I'm planning to mount my stock OEM all-seasons next (8 years old now!) so that should be a better comparison.

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkSunrise For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (08-03-2020), JesseG (09-14-2020), ROFL it's Waffle (08-03-2020)