Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
So I looked into Rigid last night. Every one on google says the warranty is a joke. Looked up it specifically and it doesn't cover wear and tear, only manufacturer defect. So if your drill goes out in 2 years they can just say it wore out, instead of being defective. Take this info however you want but apparently some research needs done on warranties before you purchase
I've already had a worm drive circular saw and a cordless battery charger unit go in and no problems. The charger is over two years old for sure and the circular saw is well 4-5 years old. I use the saw to cut concrete and it was covered in concrete dust. It was not babied and when I brought it in they looked at it funny but gave no problems. Maybe each Home Depot will decide differently what "wear and tear" is? Luckily there is usually a Home Depot every 5-10 miles so.... I'm not worried as I made sure to ask the hardware employee at the store I most frequent and he said they are covered for "everything". I asked about the batteries and they said that too so if they cover a battery which is 100% guaranteed to fail, they should cover most anything else unless it was abused on purpose. If the day comes where they deny a warranty claim, I may just show them my monthly bank statement with all the Home Depot purchases and tell them they could all be solely Lowes purchases instead.

Quote:
What is Not Covered

Failures due to misuse, abuse or normal wear and tear are not covered by this warranty. Ridge Tool shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential damages.
That is directly from the Ridgid site and it does seem they can deny pretty much every claim with that statement. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it but so far everything has been fine.

Nickosport mentioned Hilti. They have a warranty that claims "lifetime with wear and tear". If Ridgid ever gives me a problem I guess I may have to start getting Hilti products.
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote