Old 11-26-2019, 11:21 PM   #177
spitsnaugle

Drives: LS Swapped Scion FRS = 440HP
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS View Post
Hi spitsnaugle,

I was follwing and reading your thread for the last months. Very good build! Currently I'm working on my own DIY LS3 swap. I also decided for the CX headers, since shortys are the only Option which allow the big catalysers I need to meet german air polution regulations. But I will fabricate my own engine and trans mount since the vorshlag is to far forward and sikky to far back in my eyes. Want to place it somewhere in the middle. In best case without or only minor tunnel modifications and keeping the OEM hood latch support.

Actually Im dealing with the driveshaft alignment. As far as I know yet, it is impossible to align the engine fully horizontal. I expect a tilt angel of arround 2° backward. Can you confirm that? How did you manage to get a proper driveshaft geometry? I think a W/broken neck Layout is the only way to go since the OEM pinion is exactly horizontal from what I was able to measure. Did you also go with a W Layout?

BTW: Did you find a reason for that loud noise from the trans or driveshaft out of your vid some posts ago?

Thanks in advance!
I would look at using JBA shorty headers (for GTO) they fit and you will have less spark-plug wire melting issues.

Driveline angles- digital angle finder on the rear diff flange- showed it was about 2 degrees up. i set the rear of the trans at 2.1 degrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabTheWheel View Post
How is the fitment with a 275 Hoosier on a 9 inch wheel? Seems like it would be less than ideal. 10 inch or at least 9 1/2" wide wheel seems like a better match for for a 275 Hoosier. Did you try 245 A7's square before?
9" is the minimum rim width for sure. 9.5" would be ideal.
I had square setup of 245 hoosier R7s previously, these 275's barely hook at lower speeds.

I'll PM you a video that was filmed for APEX wheels.
spitsnaugle is offline   Reply With Quote