View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 11:36 AM   #2
mistople

Drives: 2017 BRZ (Sold), 2023 GR86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Some initial driving impressions:

This car is ridiculously telepathic. It goes where I want it to before I even realize I'm turning the wheel. They nailed the electric steering.

The upgraded Sachs dampers that come with the Performance Package are quite good. It corners nearly flat and rides well on bumpy roads.

The power is almost perfect for the stock configuration. I agree that it could use a bit more punch (tune + headers should do it..for the near future), but I love the feeling of getting to row through the gears and carry momentum through the corners. It feels happy when revving high.

I love the lack of sound deadening. Its great to hear and feel the engine/road/clutch/etc. All part of the experience. Coming from noisy Ducati race bikes, I love hearing everything as I drive.

It is a great car to learn on. The transmission and clutch are predictable and relatively forgiving. I would argue that 1st gear is too short, however. Shifting into second took some getting used to compared to other cars.

The feeling of the low seating position cannot be overstated. It makes you feel like you're driving a Porsche. An M2 or Focus RS feel like driving an SUV by comparison.

Overall, I'm having a blast. Still not a proper build for some months to come...but the parts stockpiling has begun.

Last edited by mistople; 02-23-2018 at 03:25 PM.
mistople is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mistople For This Useful Post:
Vic4uf (09-19-2018)