View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 06:53 PM   #9
vfrqqq
Ultra Senior Member

Drives: 2014 BRZ Premium, WRB
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks all, this is a huge help and is why I appreciate this community so much. I still need to disassemble and remove the blown engine, but so far it is looking like I could probably reuse the alternator, A/C compressor, intake manifold, etc., but I'll be looking for both complete and bare long blocks. Although the top of the engine case got ripped open like a piece of paper, it's not looking like much else was damaged.

I'm pretty sure I know what the answer is to this next question and it's generally what I'm already leaning toward, but bear with me; going back to FI is not wise? Even though it's bonkers fun, the idea of eating the cost of used engine because I just couldn't help having more power is hard to stomach and seems a bit selfish. On the other hand, the failed engine was boosted in one way or another for about the last 55k miles and I've only ever done e-tuning so maybe I should have just gotten it tuned "properly" at a shop with a dyno. I understand that doesn't guarantee that you couldn't get a bad tune from a reputable shop if, say, someone's not having a good day or they just make a mistake.

Anyway, feel free to tell me to stop grasping at straws and just plan on enjoying the chassis with a stock motor for what it's worth.
vfrqqq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vfrqqq For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (07-11-2022)