View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 09:36 AM   #112
TRAKRAVN

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS - Raven
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey all,

Thanks so much for this lengthy and informative thread. Ive been searching for quite a bit about the exact same issues I’ve had, and all this info will hopefully be of great help.

I am hoping that because the symptoms as described are identical to my situation, that my fix will also be something simple like some retainer clips that decided they didn’t want to play anymore.

I haven’t purchased any replacement parts yet, but am preparing to drop the trans again to see what’s going on. In trying to prepare for the job I’d of course like to get as much ready to go before hand as possible.

I am planning on getting replacement clips, and a new *NEW style* TOB.

Do you recommend still replacing the hydraulic components still(slave/master)?

Also, I have seen recommendations to replace front bearing cover with TOB sleeve/shaft part. (Not sure on exact name). What are your thoughts on doing this all at once to hopefully never have to drop the transmission again (If that part is installed with the others it will bring every part in that area to either new, or installed a few months back with the original new PP/TOB/FW/Clutch etc.

Thanks in advanced, and again for this great thread @Ultramaroon @humfrz and @Rybot
TRAKRAVN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TRAKRAVN For This Useful Post:
humfrz (10-09-2019)