Drives: 2015 Hot Lava 6 spd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
?

2009 370Z: 332 HP, 269 ft-lbs, 3355 lbs, 0-60 4.7s
2009 Mustang GT: 300 HP, 320 ft-lbs, 3480 lbs, 0-60 4.9s

It wasn't until 2011 that the GT got a >400hp engine and it picked up some weight along the way while the base model 370Z was cheaper the whole time. It was a kickass car for ~3 years.

Overpriced compared to what? It's cheaper than a Miata with better standard equipment and go back and adjust for inflation it's one of the cheapest sports cars outside of the 60's tin cans Europe put out.
e's a lot of fresh engineering in this thing, the car was designed practically from the ground up with the exception of a few parts bin components like swaybars, differential, window switches, door handles and such. Mazda reuses it's economy car engines with slightly hotter heads, Nissan reuses their truck engines, Ford and VW reuse their economy car chassis. Hell the Fiat Spyder uses the transmission Mazda put out 10+ years ago and an engine that came out 8 years ago with practically no changes to them.

Everybody else cuts major corners in this market except for Toyobaru. If you think the car 'needs something' then you're not the target audience for this car.
Whoa whao whoa buddy don't bite my head off cause i have an opinion, i am very happy with my FRS and have been for 2 years, all i'm saying is i think(and many many others have said as well) that i think a little more power from the factory should have been had. 250 would have been a great number to start with, Hell even 230 sounds like a great number, thank God for the lightweight otherwise it would be much slower. I'm well aware of its capabilities and engineering and know that parts are all new for this ride, thanks for the reminder. A Miata cost more cause of being a convertible btw.