Old 06-30-2020, 10:43 PM   #3092
xxthrillxx
Perfectly Balanced...

Drives: '13 FRS & '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John K View Post
Add mine to the list unfortunately. Had my 2013 Fr-S for about a year and a half. Just came back from deployment two weeks again and mine went into limp mode. Checked the codes and it was showing P0019.

Figured it was a fluke from not being driven for some time due to the wife driving her car but I did have her drive it every two weeks.

Did some digging figured it was a simple reflash fix maybe started even looking into some tunes. Out of curiosity started digging more and more and I find this thread.

Mines a 2013 Fr-S with 72k miles on it. I bought it with 56k miles in June of 2018. Next step is to see if I can go to the same dealership I had do the valve spring recall and see if I can get them to pay for parts and labor but I’m not sure how far I’ll get.

My car began doing this recently and will sit at 600rpm then dip to 500-550 and almost stall then go back up. Didn’t think anything of it until it went into limp mode then I got worried. Any suggestions from anyone will help regarding the car, dealing with dealerships/big Toyota etc. Seems enough of us are having this issue but Toyota seems to keep trying to pass it off.
If you havent done the recall... definitely time to do it.... if you have done it and then you are getting this code, it could be that one of your OCV are not getting oil which could be due to a clogged oil pickup tube. Dont push the car until it is resolved... this happened to my BRZ and i unfortunately was too late.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
xxthrillxx is offline   Reply With Quote