View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 07:53 AM   #6723
Harro

Drives: 2014 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockysnail View Post
Do you know where I could source a post blower air temperature plate, and temp sensor, or are you the guy I already asked a while ago? or if you don't use the MAP plate to monitor temps, where are you doing it?

For your temperature question I would ask Mike at Moto-East. He's very familiar with the kit and the 335 kit as well. He's pretty busy however so don't expect instant turnaround with a response.
Sorry stocky - I'm not sure where you could source a temp plate from - I used a dual input temp sensor - one sensor in the airbox, the other drilled into the lower part of the blower casing. It's dead accurate, although not for the faint hearted, drilling into the casing.

Thanks for the heads up too mate, I'll hit up Mike and see what he thinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge View Post
Consider yourself lucky! I've just had my 335 kit mapped on a very cool day (ambient temp couldn't have been more than 15 degrees C) and on a 15 seconds dyno pull we saw IAT's of 80 degrees C!

Seeing as e85 isn't available in the UK, my only real option is to install a meth/water injection kit which I'll be doing early next year

Air flow in and around the engine bay doesn't make a lot of difference from what I've read. It's purely the fact that the charger runs so hot as it's such a compact little unit
Holy crap man, 80 C is massive - I'm not sure what damage may happen at that temp, but it can't be good. Water/ meth injection is one option I had considered but I need to research it a bit more. Considered putting a water jet that hits the intercooler radiator to try and get the temps down?
Harro is offline   Reply With Quote