View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 09:52 PM   #20
Blood

Drives: 2018 STI
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczynskika View Post
Free shipping? How's this? Last I heard from Harrop it was 250-300 for shipping stateside.

Plastic crate is a plus haha.
I believe I paid $350 for shipping to Pennsylvania. Customs fees were $32 but I had it shipped to a business. Shipping to a residence might have extra fees?

Like Trefoil, I had some issues with FedEx. It took two days and numerous phone calls to get it cleared through customs. Had to provide the business tax ID (EIN) of the shop I had it shipped to and explain in great detail what a supercharger was to a lady so she could figure out what to categorize the shipment as to get it cleared through customs (she never figured it out...). Thankfully I got a call from a guy on the second day who knew exactly what to categorize it as. Shipping was quick, so it was worth the $350. Went from Australia to Pennsylvania in 5 business days (Shipped Monday and arrived Friday), including the trouble of getting it cleared through customs.

I ordered my kit in October 2015, it was manufactured during batch 2. In the end I paid $4795 ($4738 for kit + shipping, $25 wire transfer fee, $32 customs fees). I think the Edelbrock kit without tune was around the same price from CSG, but I don't like the airbox included in that kit, so I chose the Harrop kit since it uses the stock airbox.
Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blood For This Useful Post:
kuczynskika (07-28-2016)