Old 11-27-2020, 03:19 PM   #958
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,284 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquachulator View Post
You know, i might be leaning more towards refinement nowadays but i think the 2nd gen fits the bill for what i want out of the 86/BRZ. All the changes sound like it makes for a better 86/BRZ. I didnt have any glaring dealbreaker issues with the first gen either.

Plus even if it does seem like its built by committee, the blueprint they followed was the first gen, so unless they drastically changed something about the car, it doesn't seem like it'll stray too far off what the first gen represented.
I just use the designed by committee end of things to explain my personal dislike of the disjointed styling not as a condemnation of the overall results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
One thing thats funny about the 2nd generation, no one has driven it yet, so the multitude of opinions saying that its so much better it just all based on paper stats. It could drive like dog, just like the 370z.

But yeah, you're such a hater dude omg. Juuuusttt chiiiiillll brooo
Yes driving will be the tell tale for each individual. Certainly not the end all for overall judgement though since if I went by all the early video reviews of the 13 I would never have even bought the car back then since it is so slow, the torque drops off into negative numbers, you can't hear yourself think for the noise, the tries slide around al the time and overall it should have been an $18,000 car!
There is so much we don't know but based on the marketing hype and very limited stats we have seen I am confident that my thoughts will be verified. At least to me.
You really need to visit the paper racer heaven "bestest engine ever ever builded" thread for a fun time!
Dadhawk (11-27-2020)