BirdTRD
Simply Forgotus

Drives: 2014 Supercharged SSM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by becausethexo View Post
I wish I knew. I bought it used. I didn't even know it was cat-less until my dealership told me during a service.

I really wish I had a garage, unfortunately it's street parking. My cousin is a mechanic and works on Mustands religiously, think I should ask him about this?

Yes, If your cousin is a mechanic, this will be easy for him

I don't know this much about cars.
Try to figure out what you have (or don't have). Having at least 1 full Cat in the mix will help a lot. I would start with the front pipe. If it is a straight thru track pipe (no cat or resonator) that's going to make it loud and raspy. Even a hi flow cat in the front pipe is loud (like Berk) if you have a cat less header. Next look at the Muffler (axle back). Take pictures, members here will be able to ID anything you may have.
If the previous owner just replaced the OEM components with after market pieces (not custom exhaust), it should be pretty easy put the OEM parts back on. Try to find someone else on the forum local to you who has modded their exhaust and wants to get rid of their OEM stuff (cheap or free). Keep the peace with your neighbors!
Attached Images