View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 08:23 PM   #1
navanodd

Drives: 2013 BRZ Sport-tech WRB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Comfort + Steering Feel

I had been seriously considering trading in for a WRX, but decided to hold on to the BRZ for another while yet - and get some goodies for it.

They aren't completely worn out yet, but I'm ready to move on from the stock Primacies and I'm having trouble making a call because I'm comparing tires across segments. Nothing is ever reviewed as if someone would ever think of comparing a UHP summer with a HP summer or UHP all season.

So far I'm most interested in:
- Michelin PSS (I know, PS4s, but it isn't coming out anytime soon in stock size - so no)
- Michelin PS AS3+ (@Tcoat ...)
- Continental ExtremeContact Sport

Priorities are:
- Grip - at least as much as stock
- Steering feel - at least as good as stock
- Quieter
- Better ride

I don't care if I end up with a summer or an all-season as I run dedicated winters. All seasons would be a little more convenient in the shoulder seasons.

I'm not chasing grip like most people here are and I'm not going to be adding power to the car. That makes it difficult to search for similar topics. I'm leaning towards the AS3+, but I'm concerned about whether I would lose steering response/feel. Everything I read about the MPSS and Contis are that they ride great and are quiet, but its always followed up with "...for the grip they provide". Are those tires genuinely quieter and smoother riding than stock?

Do you guys have any feedback on these (or other) tires in regards to how they might line up with my goals?
navanodd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to navanodd For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-29-2017)