View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 12:53 PM   #1
Butterballz

Drives: Black FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rear Suspension Clunking, front suspension groaning

Sorry in advance for the length of the post.

Parts:

Fronts - Bilstein B8, Tarmac Springs, Raceseng Cascam, Racerx Endlink and Tie Rod, Perrin steering rack lockdowns, camber bolts.

Rears - Verus LCA, Racerx Endlinks and toe arms, Bilstein B8, Tarmac Springs, Whiteline Subframe and Diff inserts.

Problem:

Front - Hear a groaning noise while turning to the right while at a complete stop or low speed (going reverse turning steering wheel right). Like friction noise. Happens as the same place when turning right. Can feel possible vibrations through the pedals when it happens. Did not notice it before when I first installed it. Pretty sure it's not the tires making the noise.

Rear - I hear clunking while braking to slow down or going over bumps at low speed. Not a single clunk but multiple. Hear it rarely if ever while accelerating and cruising. Not sure if it was there when I first installed the parts but now it's quite noticeable. Might have gotten progressively worst over time. Quite annoying. Don't mind if it is normal but if it is not, got to figure it out.

My toe arms jam nuts did come loose a few times when I first installed it. Probably drove like that for 2 or so months with 4 alignments in between to fix the problem. Has not come loose since the fourth alignment

Actions:

Fronts - Tightened the top nut on the shock.

Rears - Already went under and tightened everything. Adjusted the endlinks so there are no preload or at least I think no preload with suspension loaded. Have not disconnected the endlinks yet but will.

Possible Answers:

Front - Maybe the pillowballs are getting stiff so it grips a bit. Noticed when going lock to lock that the right pillowball does not move the same as the left. The left spins a bit while the right just moves in the direction of the shock if that makes sense.

Rears - Nature of pillowballs. Possible hitting hard enough at the limits of the motion to make noise.

Another answer is the endlinks. The joints on the endlinks easily moves since it is not so stiff like the other parts so as I brake it may move around enough to cause noise as it hits the limits of the range of motion. The joints does not appear to be broken. There is no movement except the intended range of motion of the joint.

at this point. Thanks!
Butterballz is offline   Reply With Quote