Old 07-07-2022, 05:38 PM   #25
ZDan

Drives: '23 BRZ
Thanked 3,891 Times in 2,032 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petah78 View Post
A larger rear bar to help with rotation is something I learned with FWD platforms but people on this forum swears by stiffer/larger front sway bar to mitigate understeer. I am very confused now. LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
These cars don’t come with enough front roll stiffness from the factory. Stiffer front end helps mitigate camber loss due to body roll and thus tends to improve front grip a small amount while increasing responsiveness, net win.
*If* on a compromise stockish or street/track setup, I'd say roll stiffness in general is what's lacking, not *front* roll stiffness specifically. Adding a stiffer front bar helps reduce roll, but exacerbates overloading of the outside front. On some cars/setups it might be a net positive for front grip, but IMO better to increase roll stiffness at both ends or just the rear of the car to reduce understeer. I went with Eibach front (softer setting, ~150% stiffer than stock) and rear (stiffer setting but also ~150% stiffer than stock), which worked pretty well. May still swap the stock front bar back in at Thompson next Fri/Sat if frustrated with understeer...
ZDan is offline   Reply With Quote