View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 10:29 PM   #738
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,802 Times in 3,297 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I got the car started. All I did was calibrate the sensors and actuators. They still need scaling in the tables. For instance, the flex fuel sensor seemed to be working, but there wasn’t a basic fuel correction table that already had inputs. The 4 bar map sensor and injectors were manually entered. I used the GM IAT sensor calibration from their menu. I was paying more attention to burping the coolant and checking for leaks that I didn’t have much time to go over the data. It idled.

I’m not really a fan of the ESP software. I’ll need to convert to NSP eventually and see if it is more intuitive. I think it is hard going from modern products from Apple or Google to these type of products that are unnecessarily confusing and that seem best for people already familiar with the previous product or that are tuners. Just saying.

Everything I have touched seems to be working, except I have this warning that I can’t seem to figure out, and I also don’t seem to have the driver’s seat warmer working, or maybe just the switch didn’t light up. I haven’t actually seen if the seat still gets warm.

Also FWIW, I spoke to Kpower, and they said the stock tune should be a well-vetted, strong tune. They said they spent a long time on it, so it isn’t some conservative tune just to get people to a dyno.
Attached Images

captain awesome (01-26-2022), endless_pain (01-26-2022), NoHaveMSG (01-25-2022), venenon (01-27-2022)