Old 06-09-2021, 01:45 PM   #3
jones-adventures

Drives: Modded 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSIdriver51 View Post
1. Heat reflective tape around the entire intake tubing would help
2. If you have IG, check out @trave916; he made a custom intake that just goes straight over the side/front
3. Definitely use e85 regardless of which kit you are running, it will help keep the temps down to allow more timing. Definitely get an oil cooler to keep the temps down so your engine doesn’t go. Get your header ceramic coated and/or heat wrapped to keep the temps in the engine bay down. Get a vented hood, or add a set of vents to your hood; this will allow the heat to dissipate so the car runs cooler (I’m running the Verus kit). Keep the stock airbox and add a drop-in filter (for max flow), or switch to the Perrin intake (helps get cleaner air and adds more whine).

If you still haven’t gotten a kit, just go with the 335 and get either the 85/90mm pulley to de-tune/lower the boost to a more acceptable level for the stock block. The 210s top end with the 69mm pulley (300/240ish) is lower than the 335s bottom end (300/270) with the bigger pulley. I absolutely love my kit (210) but will be going to the 335 next year hopefully (I’m also building another FA to complement the bigger kit); I have yet to have any reliability issues and it has more than exceeded my expectations; I’ve used this as a daily, for canyons, for autox, and just recently for streets of willow . I actually got to drive my friends edelbrock brz before purchasing my kit and the feeling just wasn’t the same (although it’s probably a bit faster in the top end)
This is helpful, thanks! Yes hindsight id get a hood with better cooling aspects for FI, I have the Seibon CBF TS style hood right now that does have vents.

My header is wrapped but not coated. I unfortunately live in a small town in Idaho and services like that are hard to find haha. Same with e85, closest is an hour and half away!

What is the stock size pulley of the 335? One of my concerns of the 210 69mm pulley was losing rpms to not overspin the blower.
jones-adventures is offline   Reply With Quote