View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 11:26 AM   #10
rowen0fpts

Drives: 2016 series hyperblue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do you guys understand that not a single one of you officially has an actual reservation?

I spoke to a sales manager at Toyota yesterday and asked if they were taking deposits. He said that there is still no official system released for them (or any Toyota dealership) to take deposits on the 86. I told him about you guys and how there are people I know who have placed deposits at other dealerships. He laughed, and told me that it’s a dirty tactic that some dealers are taking. They tell you you’re reserving the car, but in reality are pretty much just taking your money unofficially and holding it, which ensures that you will, not only buy that car, but buy it from that dealership specifically. It is 100% unofficial.

He once again reiterated to me - there is currently NO portal in their system designed to take deposits on this vehicle. Like, if he was given money for a deposit, he wouldn’t even know what to do with it in the computer. You guys are not being entered into anything.

This explains why certain dealerships take deposits and others don’t. It’s also the reason why it’s never the same amount between two dealerships lmao. You guys really couldn’t see this a mile away?

Now stop talking about pre-orders until Toyota actually opens it up on their website. There’s no way around this.
rowen0fpts is offline   Reply With Quote