View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 01:21 AM   #16
Pizzachicken

Drives: Asphalt '16 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbaker View Post
How difficult was replacing the fender liners? Or, if you had a body shop do it, how much was it?
The liners are straightforwardly simple. Just have to take off the wheel and it's held in place by a handful of plastic rivets, reverse steps to install new one. Maximal Performance sells them for $80 shipped and includes the rivets too. Didn't bother from a dealer cause the shipping was more than their part price and excluded the clips, perhaps you'll have better luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
Pizzachicken: After all, one should be able to put even snow chains on. Yet you ripped liner. Are you completely sure there was nothing ever moded on it? For example, my tires slightly rubbed liner when i dialed in max camber i could at topmount camberplates. Stock car has rather shallow max steering angle, so some mod bits in front suspension (eg. different inner tie rod ends (also by Megan )) to increase max steering angle for drift use. As there were megan LCAs in rear, imho there is high chance for that to not be only aftermarket suspension part. I'd compare height and max steering angle with another twin that has known stock front suspension.
Well as far as I was able to observe, the only thing that I noticed out of the ordinary in the front was a red sway bar(?), and some scrubbing along the inner FL tire and wheel. Not sure what this means. Haven't had another stock car to compare with, but steering wheel at lock seems to be on point with pictures I've seen online. I added some duct tape to the missing liner portion to see if my tire would scrub at it but it didn't seem to do so - or at least not under pressure, did not want to try any more donuts . I'll attach some pictures of what I was able to get, if anyone cares for a look.
Attached Images

Pizzachicken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pizzachicken For This Useful Post:
qcbaker (12-04-2018)