Old 02-18-2022, 02:36 PM   #12
CrowsFeast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by g e View Post
Update on my sorry tale....

The following day all was still running well, no warning lights, codes, or weirdness noted. But I had this sense of doom that my luck wouldn't hold.

So I went over to my dealer service to have them check it out.

This forum generally takes a dim view of dealers' service departments and I have had my share of crappy ones, mainly when I had Volkswagens. And my first Subaru dealer service department took a nasty turn for the worse so I dropped them.

But my current dealer is Golden.

I told them what I'd done. They looked somber. They drove it into the bay and I went in and ate their chips and snack bars.

About an hour later I was summoned. All done, you are good to go. No problems found! And we vacuumed out your car. NO CHARGE!

Wow! I did not expect that. This is the same dealer that went to bat for me with SoA and got a decent rebate against the out of warranty defective throw-out bearing work a few years ago.

Yesterday I went out of town. 4-1/2 hours wheel time. The car ran fantastically well and was a blast like it's been since Day 1.

So... there you have it.
There are good dealers out there still, we just always hear about the bad ones! You know; like everything else in the world
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote