View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 08:44 AM   #40
PhatFreshPrince

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited SBP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
of those 2 options, my preference would be the infinity amp, specifically for the additional adjustment knobs.

there's also the kicker key amp with a built-in dsp, which can help make it sound even better
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20647K...7KEY200-4.html

i know some have insisted it's possible to run that alpine off the oem amp power wiring. regardless of that, i would still run new power/ground wiring off the battery. it's a decent amount of work to add an amp anyways, so adding a power wire really isn't that much more, pretty much all the same panels need to be pulled.
You must have read my mind because the two amps that I picked were because they only needed a 15 amp fuse which the stock amp has already. Yes, I was trying to avoid running independent power to the new amp. Well, if I do run a new power line, this will open up my options to a lot more amp choices.

I also picked the two amps because, if I understand the car's wiring correctly, I need an amp that will take "speaker-level inputs". Am I correct here? Or is there preamp signal lines at the stock amp connector?

Another question at your level of knowledge, is there anything options that I will lose by replacing an amp for the door speakers? For example, I read something about some stock amps handling voice commands or hands-free phone calls. And I guess I will lose the music tuning options on the head unit?
PhatFreshPrince is offline   Reply With Quote