View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 11:49 AM   #10989
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldjust View Post
Hey guys! Im a electronic engineer who design actual electronics boards and other things similar to this. I also reversed engineered the canbus systems on these cars and been recently interested in these electric turbos. always thought i could improve and add more features to the electronic box on these things. But the my first step is to try and get a actual unit. So if anyone out there have a broken one (broken controller) please PM me. What im interested in doing is try and support a better range of battery power. Perhaps try and make it compatible with lithium ion batteries to be able to relocate / improve dumping(current). Either add bluetooth to be able to diagnose issues easier and/or add can bus support to be able to read throttle pedal or brake, battery level Boost psi or other things like that. And probably improve better mosfets and better components so that it doesn't break too often lol.
I got a great idea!
I'm a retired electronic manufacturing engineer. I forgot. I used to build this sort of thing every day. If you can send me a schematic and a parts list I can build a prototype on a wirewrap board. The parts would probably cost less than fifty bucks.
If it works, we can go into mass production.
And GET RICH.
And not have to pay taxes anymore!
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WNDSRFR For This Useful Post:
jeffchap (10-01-2020), pope (10-01-2020)