View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 07:36 AM   #174
JSube

Drives: 2017 ISM PP BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
But also most combinations of bolt-on mods shown some wall of ~+40whp NA as max for these. I don't believe anymore in any magic part to "unlock". IDDQD or IDQFA won't work. At most it's question of what minimum set of parts can be used to get most of that limit, like eg. ace's A350 with proper tune getting. But wall/limit still will be there.
Newly installed ACE A350 & ACE overpipe with a catted hi-flo front pipe, exhaust and tune has transformed my '17 Perf. Pkg. car. I'm still getting tune revisions because the timing curve hasn't maxed out yet. I had a new '04 S2000 and it was a beautifully made thing, but from what I recall it was a stone from a stop, much like the torque dip version of my car before the mods. Now the power is linear and strong from launch to around 4500rpm where it actually comes on in a very VTEC-like manner and pulls to redline.
But my concern was not max power (I'm not even certain I care about a dyno reading altho my tuner "strongly recommended" I get one because of the fun he's having tuning it for me) and i have no interest in FI for my DD/seasonal track car, especially since the rest of the car (suspension components, fuel delivery, oiling, cooling, etc, etc) should be upgraded to accommodate the blown power.
I've had several turbos, STIs, 944t & RX-7 R1, all great cars but the lag & heat they produce just aren't to my liking.
So for about $3600K with installation my engine's complete, not cheap I guess, but my gawd this car is soo much better than stock. It's nice to feel done with something. But of course coilovers, E85 are lurking out there if I ever feel like spending...
JSube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JSube For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (12-18-2017), jmark (12-28-2017), Zentec (12-18-2017)