steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentec View Post
All joking aside. I think with the upgraded 17s by adding headers-full exhaust valve springs, tune, highflow air filter you could get to 8k revs and around 220-45 hp. I’m not a fan of the e85 but that could push even farther. After that it comes down to major $$ to start changing major internals and going to a higher compression ratio. Or a full out custom job like Celek is doing but it has taken him year+ and he is still not done but when it is I can’t wait to see the results. The fa20 engine imho will exceed the s2k engine with more time and work done on it. We know it can hold the pressures of FI and the high hp. Now it just needs to be tuned for n/a. Sad thing is n/a is so much harder and $$ takes proper attention to all details. I would have love to see this engine with a mechanical throttle though true N/A should have one.
AFAIK the 17 motor is pretty much the same as the old motor (few little mods to improve reliability) but heads valves cams all the same.

the 5kw power came due to better stock tune (although you only seem to get the additional power for a short period then tune goes rich to cool cats). It got slightly better stock header and slightly better intake/filter. The new manifold doesnt seem to do much NA.

Couple of guys on here modded up 17 with header/exhaust tune and ended up with same power as the old motor which isnt surprising.

The other isse your going to run into trying to rev it harder is oil pressure, it doesnt make good pressure at high rpm, so your going to need oiling mods.

Have a look at Chris eleks build @celek i think, its still not finished and hes spending considerable amounts of money (he builds engines)
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
celek (01-03-2018), CSG Mike (12-18-2017)