View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 03:28 PM   #1
sds

Drives: '22 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Impressions after 250 miles

Picked up my White Limited (6MT) this weekend and have already put 250 miles on the car. This car is replacing my 991.2 GTS, as I wanted something that I could actually drive without feeling guilty about putting miles on (or tracking). It's also the hardtop S2000 successor I always wanted as it makes the same amount of power with far better aero, safety, and usability.

Pros:
  1. It rotates quite well under trailing throttle and braking, and feels planted under throttle
  2. It's far more powerful than the first gen--feels about as strong as a bolt-on K24A2
  3. The driving position is about as close to perfect as it gets
  4. It's incredibly easy to drive near the limit compared to a lot of other FR cars
  5. It looks gorgeous and very Japanese (in a good way)
  6. It rides better than expected--and I'm driving on city streets in Boston
  7. The audio system in the Limited is actually halfway decent--at a standstill. More below.

Cons:
  1. It has a shocking amount of road noise. I'm benchmarking this against a 991.2 GTS (which has minimal sound deadening and 305 rear Pilot Sport Cup 2s) and an 8th gen Civic Si with a gutted trunk and 200TW tires. This is worse. I would have gladly traded off an additional 20lbs of sound insulation under the carpeting for a lower noise floor--it would drastically improve quality of life.
  2. It needs a tune to improve throttle response
  3. The trans mount needs improving--there's a substantial amount of shifter movement upon engine startup
  4. I wish the rear seats were a little more usable--I knew this going into the purchase, but if there was about 2 more inches of legroom, it would be fine for me. For context, I'm about 5'10" and sit closer to the pedals/wheel than most, and I don't think I could sit behind myself.
sds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sds For This Useful Post:
bcj (12-28-2021), JD001 (09-06-2022), PBR (12-27-2021), Stonehorsw (12-27-2021), Ultramaroon (12-27-2021)