View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 04:28 PM   #56
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Drama continues with ordering (as it is with most cars these days).

I have my confirmed order in, and have the Workbench sheet (the GM version of an order form listing all options). the "option sheet" for the Lyriq is two pages double column long for the standard build.

The car does include SuperCruise, but it will be turned on through a later software update. It's possible by the time I get my car, since its AWD and later build, the software will be active Day 1.

Delivery drama continues though. Apparently there is some weird thing going on with allocation vs preorder. The allocation for a dealer will be a 60/40 spilt between previous sales (60%) and pre-orders (40%).

Problem is the entirety of M2023 build slots are taken by pre-orders supposedly. So, it's possible a dealer wouldn't get as many allocations as they have preorders, you know because simple math was too hard.

The small Cadillac dealer where I selected for my dealer has, according to them, 18 pre-orders! I know they sell a good number of Cadillac SUVs (mostly XT4 and XT5, but some Escalades). It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The Cadillac forums I'm jumping into are all up in arms over this with people that have purchased Cadillacs for decades (and sometimes multiple generations) saying if GM screws this up, they'll never purchase a new car from them.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote