View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 08:36 AM   #8240
ajcarson11

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (Black)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqd View Post
Well, I'm now waiting on delivery for a 210 non-intercooled. It's used, but rebuilt/overhauled by Jon Bond Performance, which I hear do good work.

This year, my plan is stock fuel system and clutch (if it'll last) on straight E85, a mild tune for about 250-260 whp. Does that sound reasonable? My car has barely done 22k miles. It's a 2013, so I'm planning on having the valve spring recall done before installing the charger.

Already have the ACE Alpha 350 header and overpipe and a full exhaust. Will add an oil cooler too, but the car will be 100% street driven.

Any thoughts?

All input is appreciated!
Yep -- You should be good to go with that setup. I run non-intercooled on flex fuel (mostly straight E85) with the 72.5mm pulley. Car runs great, and in mildly cold weather gets into the ~270hp range. I haven't touched injectors or fuel pump, and my stock clutch is still hanging in there (have been FI for 25k miles now).

Unlike others, I don't experience heat soak much -- I believe it is totally a factor in where you live and the environment. If you aren't driving around in 80+ degree weather all the time in the baking sun you won't heatsoak nearly as bad. In Indiana I seem to do OK -- but I also don't pound around for minutes on end because the roads here aren't twisty and fun in most places. For me, on E85 (which burns cooler anyway), I have no real need for the intercooled setup -- It would really just introduce another point of failure in the system.
ajcarson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ajcarson11 For This Useful Post:
sqd (01-16-2019)