View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
zigzagz94
BRZerhood Lurker #13

Drives: 15 DGM BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Official MMA Thread

Thought I'd start a MMA thread since a lot of noobs are finally catching on and the sport has blown up in popularity recently.

Anyone watch the the free Strikeforce show on CBS last night?

I thought it was a pretty good show overall, and probably better than the last few $50 ppv UFC shows. Ufc has really started to water down their cards trying to get 2 ppv per month in. You get maybe one or two good fights per show now and it cost more than ever. I find myself enjoying the free WEC events more than UFC half the time and that's sad. Gone are the days of $20 Pride grand prix shows where almost every fight was a main event type fight.

Really enjoyed seeing two huge heavyweights like werdum and big foot silva putting on a ground show like they were lightweights.

I thought mayhem miller had choked out shields and I was like WTF no way, but shields got saved by the bell and went on to put on a ground transition clinic to pull out the decision. It will be interesting to see if Shields can do the same thing to Cung Le when he comes back. Shields has no stand up and no one has truly tested Cung's "ground" game.

And what can I say Fedor is Fedor. The man is unreal. I will never get tired of watching his fights.
zigzagz94 is offline   Reply With Quote