Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazeroni View Post
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023...ssis-code-z34/

"we asked a Nissan executive if the new twin-turbocharged sports coupe's chassis carries the Z35 chassis code. We were simply told "no." You read that right: by Nissan's own internal standards, the changes made to the latest Z are not significant enough to warrant a new chassis designation. The 2023 Z chassis is not internally known as the Z35, and it instead maintains the Z34 chassis code of the 370Z."

During the presentation, they didn't talk about anything other than "tuning" the car. Most of the car is likely carry-forward then, other than changes they had to make for crash, technology, etc.

Much of the cost increase likely comes from the engine being more complex. The 3.7 was found in everything and paid off a long time ago.

The TT3.0 is lower volume and more advanced.

So $40K with 18" AS tires and no LSD and a more bare interior.
+ $5K for a sport package with LSD and 19" wheels and tires.
+ $5K for the leather on the dash, bigger screen, nicer seats, etc.
+ $5~10K for the Nismo with forged wheels, adjustable suspension, new seats, more boost, etc. Probably $60K or more when all done up.

All in, you are looking at Supra pricing as both cars will be $50K fully loaded - dealers will negotiate the Supra price down.
Well, the 3.7 was a displacement bump over the 3.5 VQ, and the VR is essentially a turbo version of the VQ, which dates back to the VR38 in the 2007 GTR. The VR30 with direct injection and turbos dates back to 2016, but it is in far less cars than the VQ, which was shared across Nissan and Infiniti vehicles. In some ways, it is a carry over. In some ways it is new, but expect the VR30 to replace a lot of VQ engines when new models are released like the upcoming QX60. These will probably be the preferred engines with base models starting around 300hp and upper trims being 400hp and 450hp+ hybrids, losing the 5.6L V8.

All this means that the VR is not that special. It is just another engine. I wouldn't expect a giant price increase in an engine going through its evolution.

Check out RR review above and my trim breakdown, and I think you will change your pricing. For instance, the outgoing Sport trim on the 370Z had LSD, larger brakes, forged Rays rims, sport tires, etc and was sub $35k.